Leather is timeless and can be teamed with almost everything. We women like to see leather jackets, pants, bags or skirts as lifetime investments. And they are, because leather gets better and more beautiful with age, when taken care of properly. We’ll provide you with the must-know tips and tricks to keep your leather items in perfect condition, so they’ll last a lifetime.
1. Remove stains immediately
You can compare the care for leather with caring for your skin; both are delicate and damage is often difficult to repair. Stains must be removed immediately. If not, the leather will fully absorb the stain and will become stiff and crackled. First, try to remove the stain by gently rubbing the leather together. If this doesn’t work, then follow these steps:
• Make soapy water with 7 parts water and 1 part baby shampoo
• Use a damp sponge and gently rub the stain
• Always dry the leather immediately with a clean, dry cloth
• Never use the heat of a hair dryer to speed up the drying process
Grease stains are best removed by sprinkling a bit of talcum powder on the stain and brushing it off gently after a few hours.